Problem solving is the process of identifying problems and their causes, developing and evaluating possible solutions, and implementing an action or strategy based upon the analysis in order to achieve a desired goal or outcome.
The ultimate goal of problem solving is to eliminate a problem. The problem solving process involves identifying a problem, gathering information, generating and evaluating options and implementing solutions.
Our program provides strategies, techniques, and tools to help individuals and teams to effectively solve problems. We provide tips and discuss approaches to problem solving including how to:
- List the attributes of the problem
- Identify possible causes of problems
- Look at the problem from more than one perspective
- Extract maximum information from facts
- Expand the boundaries of the problem
- Think outside the box for solutions